Published on March 8th, 2017 | by Sun Gold Soap0
Exploring Phuket During the Summer
Have you ever been to Thailand’s largest island which is Phuket? If you are searching for places that are perfect to visit during the summer, then you might as well pack your bags and head on to this popular island destination. All year through, the climate on the island is hot, but the most humid climate is experienced in the months from March to May. The months of November to February are said to be the cool season.
There are so many things that you can do and enjoy while in Phuket. Aside from enjoying the sun and the beaches, take this opportunity to relax by having full body massages and engaging in various watersports. The place is proud of its hospitable and friendly people. You won’t have a hard time exploring its sights because most of the natives speak basic English.
What to Do in Phuket
Here are some of the things that you ought to try while on the island in order to make the most out of your vacation.
- While most hotels here have shuttle bus services, you may also want to try riding the famous tuk-tuks when you are exploring the town. You can also opt to rent a vehicle, but this is not recommended for safety reasons. Despite the warning, you have other options on how to visit the various sights that the place has to offer.
- There are numerous activities that you can enjoy while on the island. These include swimming, parasailing, jet-skiing, and windsurfing. Freediving is also becoming popular on the island, hence the emergence of the AIDA Instructor Training Center. You can do this on beaches and at sites that are off the beaches as well. There are several local operators that you can approach who can guide you and give you safety pointers about this kind of water activity.
- There are quite a lot of sights to check out while in Phuket. These include the AC’s Phuket Fishing Park where you can experience a different kind of freshwater fishing, the Crocodile Farm, Phuket Aquarium, and Chalong Temple among others.
- If you happen to visit during the rainy season, take this chance to check out Thailand’s biggest waterfalls which are situated 22 kilometers away from Phuket.
- Tourists enjoy shopping for the island’s native products such as dried seafood, nielloware, and cultured pearls. There are souvenir shops that can be found in town, particularly along the beaches and roads.
- The marine life in and around Phuket is abundant, and you can check it out by exploring many of the island’s dive sites. There are also a lot of dive shops on the island so you don’t have to bring your own gear when you travel. The reefs in the area are healthy and the corals are soft and colorful. You can find a suitable diving spot no matter what kind of a diver you are or even if this is going to be the first time that you will try the activity.
- While on the island, you may want to taste its local dishes such as fried or boiled noodles.